AEON – the first presence in Vietnam
AEON MALL Tan Phu Celadon shall open on January 11th, 2014
AEON (Vietnam) Co., Ltd. (AEON Vietnam) shall open the first “AEON MALL Tan Phu Celadon” with the largest scale in Ho Chi Minh City on January 11th, 2014. Vietnam is the third country after Malaysia, China where a Shopping Mall is operated by AEON.
In the medium-term plan (2011-2013), AEON Group has set up the “Asia Shift” Strategy, and accordingly, the Group will promote the development in ASEA, China etc. In 2008, AEON Credit Service was the first Japanese company providing the installment sale services in Vietnam; Since 2011, Ministop has implemented the Ministop shop system through the franchising method and 17 shops are present now. This Shopping Mall shall be managed and operated by AEON Mall Vietnam, a company specialized in development and operation.
With the slogan “customer is number one” – the wish to offer the customers the diversified and convenient way of life and well as the long-term commitment to the local community, AEON shall open more shopping malls and General Merchandise Store system, actively cooperate with the members to provide and implement the general financial services, specialized shops etc.
Location and the community in the catchment area of AEON MALL Tan Phu Celadon
The first AEON MALL Tan Phu Celadon operated by AEON Vietnam is located in the “Celadon City” urban area in Tan Phu district, about 9km away from the center ò Ho Chi Minh city to the West. Within the radius of 15 minutes by motorbike and the population of the catchment area from 4 districts of Tan Phu, Go Vap, Binh Tan and Tan Binh of 1.8 million people, this is one of the heavily-populated area. In addition, the shopping mall is located within Celadon City, a new-style urban area, consisting of many complex areas such as residential areas, international schools, hospital, sports stadium etc.
Typical characteristics of AEON MALL Tan Phu Celadon
AEON MALL Tan Phu Celadon shall be the first Shopping Mall located in the suburban area in Vietnam with the height of 3 floors (one ground floor and one basement), and the retail gross floor area of about 50,000m2 including AEON General Merchandise Store (SMS) and about 120 tenant stands. The tenant area of AEON MALL is divided into 5 areas to meet all demands of the customers.
- Outfit area with the international fashion brands
- Specialized shops, providing the daily consumption products, children toys, etc.
- Foodcourt, with the biggest area in Ho Chi Minh City, including the restaurants, fast foods, foodcourt
- Entertainment, including children playground, cinema, bowling etc.
- Service area, health and beauty care areas, schools etc.
In addition, AEON MALL also designs the motorbike parking area so that the customers may feel secured and comfortable for parking. With the supervision and operation of AEON Delight – a member company of the group specialized in managing the buildings, the customers will feel more comfortable and secured when shopping here.
AEON MALL Tan Phu Celadon shall be the shopping mall with the first comprehensive experience in Vietnam to bring the customers a new way of life.
Typical characteristics of AEON General Merchandise Store
Offer the customers a more diversified way of life with the biggest shopping area in Vietnam
AEON General Merchandise Store has the sale area of 16,000 m2, of biggest type in Vietnam, is the first One-Stop Shopping supermarket in Vietnam to meet all shopping demands of the customers. From the foods, daily consumption goods in the supermarket to fashion stores for adults and children as well as household goods to meet the demand for changing the way of life of the customers. In the future, in order to meet the increasingly-high demands of the new family generation in Vietnam, AEON shall continue to provide “valuable products of high quality”, “safe and secured foods” “proposal to the new ways of life”. Furthermore, AEON is aiming at building a center with the equipments, facilities and devoted staff for the comfort and convenience of the customers, to together with the customers for a more diversified and better life.
Introduction on the typical characteristics of the floors
- Ground Floor In addition to the supermarket where provides more than 12000 daily necessary products such as fresh food, technology food etc. there are also the stands of “ Delica World” and “ AEON Bakery” with the biggest scale in Vietnam of nearly 1000 m2, ready to serve the many products to meet the tastes of the customers. Besides, there is also the stand of Health & Beauty Care (H&BC) to meet the increasingly-high demand for health and beauty care, “ AEON bicycle shop” with many after-sale services. The customer services, fast delivery service, belongings keeping service etc. to contribute to create a comfortable shopping environment to the customers. In the vegetable area, there are about 30 products selected carefully from Da Lat vegetable gardens to transport directly to the supermarket daily to ensure the quality, freshness. There is also “Salad Bar” and “Mixed foods” for the customers to select the foods with wanted quantity. At the import food stand, there are more than 600 items imported from many countries including the brand developed by AEON named “TOPVALU” to meet the demand for Japanese food. In addition, AEON also provides the frozen foods with the biggest scale in the area. In Delica ready food area, there are more than 20 menus serving Japanese dishes including Sushi which is loved in Vietnam. The customers may join with their families and friends to enjoy the dishes at the food court of more than 100 seats with diversified menus including famous dishes of Vietnam and other Asian countries. In H&BC stand with the brand of AEON Wellness”, there are the collections of health and beauty care products to meet the increasingly-high demand of the customers. Such brands as “BRIGITTE” with the first presence in Vietnam and 12 Self-Cosmetics brands shall provide the products to the customers with thoughtful consultancy service. Especially, AEON shall provide more skin care, health care, functional food to meet the demand of the women in the hot and sunny environment in Vietnam.
- First floor Cosmetics stands with famous Japanese brands in Vietnam, in combination with fashion, jewelry stores are creating a area to honor the beauty of the women where are supported by thoughtful staffs. Some new fashion brands of AEON Malaysia will be introduced for the first time at Men and Women fashion stores. Scalette brand also provide various products with various styles, from office, casual outfits to underwear products. In addition, such brands as Hush Puppies – USA, Sicily brand are also introduced for the first time in Vietnam. The cloth repair services shall also provide the best-fit clothes to the customers.
- Second floor AEON shall combine to sell the children products at indoor entertainment area Molly Fantasy to create a “Kids Republic” with the biggest scale in Vietnam. The electronics, indoor decoration stands etc. shall also contribute to improve the life of the customers. In the “ Kids Republic”, in addition to the children fashion, toys, children goods etc., there is specially “Pokemon Shop” with the first presence in Vietnam specialized in selling products of Pokemon brand following Pokemon television program shown in January 2014. The famous Japanese items can be found here. In the electronics stand, there are sufficiently Multimedia products such as Smartphone, Tablets; audio-visual equipment, electrical appliances, beauty equipments with famous brands from Japan. At the entrance gate to the stand, the customers may enjoy and feel the sharpest images with 170 inch Led Television. The after-sale services such as delivery, repair, installment service provided by AEON Credit Service Company are available to the customers. In the stationary area, with the supports from Japanese brands with factories in Vietnam, AEON always provide the good quality, creative and attractive products to meet the demands of offices, schools and households.
AEON provides sufficiently services and creates the comfortable, convenient shopping environment to the customers. There are numbers of services provided here such as: in-day delivery, AEON shopping coupons, AEON membership cards, packaging, children care, cloth repair, installment sale by AEON Credit Service, free-of-charge bus etc.
Summary on AEON MALL Tan Phu Celadon
|Name||AEON MALL Tan Phu Celadon|
|Address||30 Bo Bao Tan Thang, Son Ky Ward, Tan Phu district, Ho Chi Minh City|
|Structure of the building||3 floors, 1 ground floor and 1 basement|
|Opening date||January 11th, 2014 (Saturday)|
|Opening hours||From 10:00 to 22:00 (except some stands)|
|Area of the project||approximate 35,120 m2|
|Total retail gross floor area||about 78,780 m2|
|Total tenant gross floor area||about 49,900 m2|
|Parking area||4000 motorbikes and 500 cars|
|Operated and managed by||AEON MALL Vietnam Company|
|Mall Director||Mr.Furuki Shigeru|
|Total number of staffs||about 1500 persons (including the entire shopping mall)|
|The population of catchment area||1.4 million people, 35000 households (with the radius of 7km, 15 minutes by motorbike ride)|
Summary on AEON General Merchandise Store (GMS)
|Name||AEON Tan Phu Celadon|
|Opening hours||the supermarket on the ground floor: 8:00 to 22:00; Fashion and Household Goods Area (1st and 2nd floor): 10:00 to 22:00|
|Area||the shopping area: 16,000m2; Back-room: 7000m2. Total area: 23,000m2|
|Director||Mr. Nguyen Van Lap|
|Total number of staffs||about 500 persons|
For Environment Activity of Shopping Mall
“AEON Hometown Forest” Program
For a newly-constructed shopping mall, AEON will organize the program named “AEON Hometown Forest” together with the local people to plant self-grow trees around the shopping mall as a part of the environmental protection activity to make the contribution to the community.
On November 24th, 2013, at AEON MALL Tan Phu Celadon, about 1600 people including local customers and staffs planted 8000 trees
Introduction about AEON Vietnam
|Name||AEON Vietnam Co., Ltd.|
|Address||30 Bo Bao Tan Thang, Son Ky ward, Tan Phu District, Ho Chi Minh City|
|Establishment date||October 7th, 2011|
|Investment capital||USD134,839,000 (13.35 billion Japanese Yen, exchange rate of 1USD = 99 Japanese Yen)|
|Representative||Mr. Yasuo Nishitohge|
|Business sectors||Bretail, developing shopping malls, leasing stands, importing and exporting etc.|
|The type SC, GMS, SM, HP’s AEON in ASEAN (01/11/2014)|
|AEON Big Malaysia||28||16||-||5||23|
|Khu vực ASEAN||125||38||27||75||23|